|China is the largest developing country in the
world. Its rapid economic development has put great pressure on
its natural resources and environment. The central government
does show its important dedication to positive solutions. Switzerland,
with its great reputation in environment protection in the world,
is active in helping China on the environmental challenges with
financing project and technology transfer. Besides, China is an
attractive market for Swiss companies with environmental technology.
The Memorandum of Understanding signed in November 2003 between
the Ministry of Science and Technology of China and the Swiss
Government aims to strengthen scientific and technological co-operation
between China and Switzerland. On the other hand, Switzerland
fully participates in the EU' Sixth Framework Programme (FP6)
for Research and Development, which provides a new platform
for joint research between the two countries in life science,
public health, cell biology, nano-materials, fuel cell, etc.
The section of "Environment & Science" of the
Embassy webpage provides useful information on the Swiss
Mixed Credit solution for environment protection equipment and
services from Switzerland, historical projects financed by the
Swiss government, as well as useful links and information on
environment in China and Switzerland. As far as Science &
Technology in concerned, it provides information on joint research
projects and financing solutions as well as useful links and
information on science & technology in China and Switzerland.
The newsletter is a press clips for environment and research
in China. It also lists recent events and exhibitions related
to environment and science in China.
The information posting here is authorized by the Embassy of
Switzerland in Bejing.
The story of the month covers China' s new medical reform. China Swiss researchers have developed a system that enables smartphones to remotely manage and treat diabetes in mice. China aims to learn from Finland and Switzerland for research and innovation. China will be spending 59.4 billion US dollars on robotics and related services by 2020. China's first cargo spacecraft, Tianzhou 1, has completed the first of three fuel resupply tests. China to conduct several manned space flights around 2020. Peking University is to start enrollment for Oxford campus . China is aiming to increase the scale of its cloud computing industry by more than 2.5 times by 2019. Chinese university promotes language studies to support one belt one road initiative. Shenzhen's innovation development.
Story of the Month
1. Chinese, Swiss researchers use smartphone-controlled cells to manage diabetes
2. Finland, Switzerland apt models for research, innovation
3. China spending on robotics to hit 59.4 bln USD in 2020: IDC
4. Successful fuel test takes China closer to manned space station dream
5. China to conduct several manned space flights around 2020
6. Peking University to start enrollment for Oxford campus
7. China sets ambitious goal in cloud computing
8. University promotes language studies
9. Shenzhen is a hothouse of innovation
The story of the month covers China is on the path to global technology dominance. China has established the world's largest 5G test field. China has unveiled its first national engineering laboratory for big data distribution and exchange technologies. China will improve its regulatory framework for intellectual property rights to better support innovation. China is building world's largest multifunctional nano research facility. Beijing has introduced a reform plan to end markups on drug prices and adjust prices of medical services. China issues five-year plan on elderly care. Chinese science academy plans to invest 190 mln yuan in major programs.China will take measures to improve vocational education and raise its profile among the general public.
Story of the Month
1. China speeds 5G roll-out with world's largest test field
2. National big data engineering lab unveiled .
3. IP: New legal framework to revamp enforcement in 2020 .
4. China building world's largest multifunctional nano research facility .
5. Beijing pioneers medical reforms to strengthen health care
6. China issues five-year plan on elderly care
7. Chinese science academy to invest 190 mln yuan in major programs
8. Plan to boost profile of vocational education in China
The story of the month covers China's fintech development. China will send anti-corruption inspectors to centrally-administrated universities. China will continue to be open and active in its technological cooperation on the world stage. More than 90 million Chinese students received financial support from the government in 2016. China will further promote its manufacturing sector under 11 guidelines recently released for implementing the Made in China 2025 strategy. Alibaba calls for tougher laws and punishment for counterfeiters. JD.com sets up world's first low altitude UAV logistics network in northwest China. Baidu authorized to establish national deep learning tech lab.
Story of the Month
1. China to start anti-graft inspections in universities
2. China open, active in technology cooperation
3. Government funds help over 90 mln Chinese students in 2016
4. Made in China policy gets a guideline boost
5. Alibaba calls for tougher laws and punishment for counterfeiters
6. JD.com sets up world's first low altitude UAV logistics network in northwest China
7. Baidu authorized to establish national deep learning tech lab
The story of the month covers China released a national plan on protection and application of Intellectual property rights. Shenzhen will accelerate the construction of a number of overseas and industrial innovation centers in 2017. China's has issued a guideline on mobile Internet service management calling for more use of mobile internet service. China has established cooperation ties in science and technology with 158 countries and regions in the world. China's maritime authority has issued a five-year plan on developing ocean renewable energy. China's R&D spending estimated to reach 2.1 pct of GDP in 2016. China's scientific innovation gains momentum in 2016. China issued medical reform plan for 2016-2020. China has unseated North America as the global investment leader in financial technology.